April 30, 2011

Midnight Memoir

Body heavy with the want of sleep

I lay here

staring...

waiting...

thinking.


Wine sipped slowly stains my tounge,

warming my chest

settling, heavy, in outstretched legs.


My mind drifts,

incessant thoughts circling

wearing down a familiar path

here...

then there...

your name curling round my tounge

its sound bitter, its taste sweet.


I think of how you made me smile,

how you laughed at my easy blush.

I remember the feeling of my hand in yours,

and the warmth of your voice when you poured over me.

Eyes watching my breath,

the slow rise and fall,

body arched to reach yours,

chest pressed against mine,

the rhythm of your heart matching my own.

Lips tenderly kissing each inch of this fragile skin,

words whispered between sheets.


I'm crying now,

tears falling silently,

your hands nowhere to be found,

your body a soft spot worn in the fabric.


I curl inside myself,

my skin aching to feel your touch...

my head pressed against your chest to find that sound, that moment,

where breast and beating heart laid still...

where I had found you..


and I wonder...

when will I come home?